Classes begin quarterly
New Jersey Online Coding Bootcamp
Become a Web Developer in 12 or 24 Weeks
There’s never been a better time to become a web developer, and at Rutgers Coding Bootcamp, our full stack web development course equips you with fundamental skills that will help guide you down a path to success in a rapidly growing IT field. Our full stack web development course includes robust, real-world programming tutorials through which you can learn to code and gain valuable skills that can be applied across industries.
Our part-time course is designed to give you the flexibility you need to balance your schedule while providing you with the structure and support you need to be successful in achieving your career goals.
Both the part-time and full-time Rutgers Coding Bootcamp options offer live, interactive virtual classes led by skilled instructors.
Our industry-driven curriculum teaches you the most in-demand web development skills through real-world examples. Everything you learn is applicable to a professional environment.
Learn How To Code
- Collaborate with your classmates on real-world projects and participate in experiential learning opportunities with employers.
- Apply the knowledge learned each week toward building a comprehensive portfolio of apps and projects, demonstrating your skills to potential employers.
- Gain access to continuation courses that cover additional in-demand technologies, including Python, Java, C#, and Amazon Web Services.
- Receive a certificate of completion from Rutgers University, showcasing your accomplishment to future employers.
- Tap into our extensive career-planning services like portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, technical interview preparation, soft skills training, and recruiting help to position you for success in the field.
Get Program Info
Gain Future-Proof Skills
Through hands-on developer work and collaboration with your peers, you’ll gain proficiency in the theory and application of web development—helping you stand out in today’s market.
- Algorithms (Searches, Sorts)
- Time Complexity
- Big O Notation
- Data Structures
Browser Based Technologies
- Responsive Design
- Progressive Web Applications (PWAs)
- Local Storage, Session Storage, IndexedDB
Server Side Development
- User Authentication
- Template Engines
- MERN Stack (MongoDB, Express.js, React.js, Node.js)
- Client-Server Model
- AJAX (Fetch API)
- HTTP request methods
Deployment and Delivery
- GitHub Pages
- Shell Scripting
- Unit Testing
- Continuous Integration
Supplemental Self-Study Topics
- Amazon Web Services
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Innovative Part-Time Online Model
Offered online, the part-time Rutgers Coding Bootcamp was designed for busy, working professionals like you. We understand that you need the flexibility to fit your education around your existing work and life commitments, but we also know that accountability is needed to help you become a web developer.
Get job ready through hands-on experience with the latest front end and back end technologies, and build a portfolio of projects to showcase your knowledge.
Engaging Virtual Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. Our online classes are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be engaging and interactive sessions. Work with other members of your tightly-knit cohort and broaden your experience while leaning on your instructor and teaching assistants.
Receive extensive support from a team dedicated to helping you succeed. This support team consists of instructors, teaching assistants, tutors and student success and career services teams.
Job Planning Assistance
You will have access to a dedicated career director and career material advisor that will help you prepare to find your dream job after completing the boot camp through a wide range of career services.
When learning to code, it’s important to have help available when you need it. Rutgers Coding Bootcamp’s part-time and full-time programs offer you multiple layers of support from a team of people who have your back, including:
Get support from instructors and teaching assistants. Our industry professional instructional staff is there to help you gain the skills you need on your coding journey.
Qualified students will have access to free tutoring upon request and receive up to an hour a week of 1:1 time with a skilled tutor to discuss class material, code reviews, or career related questions.
Students receive support from a dedicated team throughout their bootcamp journey. Whether you need a coach, some inspiration, or someone to talk to about catching up on homework, you’ll always have someone there to help.
You will have access to a dedicated career director and advisor who will help you prepare to land your dream job after completing the bootcamp. Learn how to build your personal brand and stand out in today’s market through:
- Technical and Behavioral Interview Preparation
- Industry Speakers and Events
- Resume, LinkedIn and Portfolio Development
Students will have a classroom full of fellow aspiring coders to collaborate with, ask questions or motivate each other through difficult material. The virtual classes allows students to bolster their professional network, extending beyond graduation. Once you complete the program, you will become a member of our bootcamp alumni community, which brings a wealth of networking opportunities.
Is This Bootcamp Right for You?
Rutgers Coding Bootcamp was built for a wide range of individuals, with both full-time and part-time schedule options. All professions are welcome and if any of the following applies to you, this could be the opportunity you’re looking for:
You’re looking to advance your current career and learn coding skills to open up new opportunities
You’re interested in switching careers and want to become a professional web developer
You want to enhance your coding skills or learn web development to advance in your role
How to Apply to the Coding Bootcamp
1. Submit Form. Fill out the contact form and select the program you’re interested in to request more information.
2. Interview and Application. A member of the admissions team will connect with you to discuss program details and answer any questions you may have. Then, you will fill out a short application.
3. Assessment. Complete a basic multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. No prior industry knowledge is required.
4. Enrollment. Once you are accepted into the bootcamp, you will determine which financial option is right for you. Secure your seat by signing your enrollment agreement and paying your deposit.
Coding Bootcamp Schedule
Rutgers Coding Bootcamp offers a 24-week, part-time program and a 12-week, full-time program.
Part-Time Coding Bootcamp
- 24-week online program
- Study part-time while maintaining your existing professional, educational or personal obligations
- Learn through live online classes three days per week and real-world projects and assignments
- Dedicate 9 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 20+ hours outside of class on hands-on projects and practice work
Full-Time Coding Bootcamp
- 12-week program with fully live online sessions in a virtual classroom environment
- Launch your career sooner by studying full-time and completing the program at an accelerated pace
- Attend live, instructor-led classes online Monday – Friday, 10 a.m – 2:30 p.m.
- Dedicate 20 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 25+ hours outside of class on projects and homework assignments
Frequently Asked Questions
No, applicants do not need to be Rutgers students. The Coding Bootcamp is offered through Rutgers Division of Continuing Studies.
While some background in coding is helpful, no experience is needed as long as you are dedicated and eager to learn. Our pre-course tutorials will help you prepare for our program.
Our part-time program costs $11,995* and our full-time program costs $12,995*. Scholarships and payment plans are available for those who qualify.
*Tuition is subject to change