Classes begin quarterly
Data Science Certificate of Completion
Learn Data Science in 24 Weeks
The data science bootcamp puts the student experience first. With a convenient online class format, this program is designed to accommodate your life whether you’re a student still working towards a degree, an employed professional, or busy with other personal obligations. You will leave with an impressive professional portfolio and the confidence to succeed in today’s data-driven economy.
During and after the program you will benefit from:
> Market-Driven Curriculum
> Hands-On Experience
Complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
> Professional Development
Benefit from a wide range of career services including portfolio reviews, interview training, resume and social media profile support, and soft skills training.
> University Credential
Receive a Certificate of Completion from Rutgers University upon successfully completing the bootcamp.
> Lifelong Network
Tap into a growing alumni network and continue to develop your skills and connections with access to networking events, virtual tech panels, and more.
Over the course of 24 weeks, you’ll attend informative lectures, participate in a variety of individual and team exercises, and work independently inside and outside of the virtual classroom. Homework assignments provide an opportunity to apply what you’ve learned in class and build on it. Regardless of your professional experience coming into the program, you’ll graduate having worked on real-world projects to showcase your skills.
Become a Data Science Professional
Is the Data Science Bootcamp Right for Me?
Rutgers Data Science Bootcamp is for the creative, curious, and ambitious—not to mention the hard working. Do you want to be part of the data analytics revolution? If yes, or if any of the following describe you, we think our bootcamp could be the career move you’re looking for:
- You’re currently a data professional and want to advance your career by training for new data science skills.
- You’re a manager or professional in a business where data is crucial to the bottom line.
- You’re interested in visualizing social, consumer, or popular trends.
- You want to enter a new field like healthcare, government, or media—and are looking for a way to jump in.
- You are a full-time student, hungry to learn more and expand your skill set.
Data Science Skills
What skills will I gain?
- Pivot Tables
- VBA Scripting
- Python 3
- API Interactions
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL)
Front–End Web Visualization
- Geomapping with Leaflet.js
Business Intelligence Software
- R Programming
- Big Data Analytics with Hadoop
- Supervised Machine Learning
- Unsupervised Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Real-World Data Projects
Your future employers care about what you can do, not what you say you can do. For that reason, our curriculum teaches you how to put what you’ve learned into action. We cover real-world data projects, including:
- Visualizing the relationship between various socioeconomic factors and access to financial services
- Mapping the relative magnitude of earthquakes worldwide in real-time.
- Scraping your favorite social media website for otherwise inaccessible data, then converting that data straight from raw HTML into a queryable and storable form
- Developing a binary classifier neural network model to predict whether select non-profits will be a successful investment for funders
The bootcamp culminates in a final project, where you’ll work with a small team to demonstrate what you have learned by applying your new skills to a creative project of your choosing.
Get Program Info
Data Science Jobs in New Jersey
Jobs You’ll Be Ready For
Students who complete the data science bootcamp will be prepared for many different roles in the field of data. Even better, students coming into Rutgers Data Science Bootcamp with a professional background in computer science and computer engineering will also be prepared for roles such as:
Manages and organizes data through developing, constructing, testing, and maintaining data-storing architectures.
Interprets data and communicates their findings to support decisions being made by their company or organization.
Designs and maintains data systems and databases, mines and organizes data, and uses statistical tools to interpret data sets.
Uses specialized software to create, secure, organize, and oversee databases.
In this bootcamp, you’ll work with real projects that emulate the actual job, challenges, and routine problems you’ll encounter in the professional world.
While salaries can vary depending on a number of factors including professional experience, educational background, company size, and knowledge of in-demand skills, on average, data scientists earn $100,560 annually. That said, wages can also vary across geographical areas; the mean wage for New Jersey, for example, is $115,480 — significantly higher than the national rate.
Rutgers Data Science Bootcamp can help prepare you for an entry-level data scientist role, which is expected to have lower starting salaries than the national average for data scientists (which considers data scientists at all levels). Once you break into the field, you’ll be able to gain experience and build connections that can help you continue to grow your career.
To help you become competitive in the job market, our data science bootcamp provides you access to a dedicated Career Director and a Career Material Advisor, in addition to your Student Success Manager, instructional team, and peer network. The student and career services teams offers benefits that include:
- Portfolio Reviews
- Technical Interview Training
- Resume and Social Media Profile Support
- One-on-One Career Coaching
- Soft Skills Training
- And much more
New Jersey Data Science Boot Camp Testimonials and Reviews
Discover what students are saying about Rutgers Data Science Bootcamp!
The program definitely helped solidify my desire to be a data analyst and helped me develop both the technical and professional skills I needed to present myself to employers…–Mahashraya Sundararaman, Rutgers Data Science Bootcamp graduate
Thank you Rutgers Data Science Bootcamp for opening my eyes to a whole new world, for retooling my technology skills, and for updating my resume and career search skills!–Mary Brown, Rutgers Data Science Bootcamp graduate
Read more of our Testimonials and Reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our data science bootcamps in Somerset are being held via our tried and tested virtual classroom experience. Call us at (732) 430-2144 for more information on how to apply, or visit our Online Experience page to learn more.
No, applicants do not need to be Rutgers students. The Rutgers Data Science Bootcamp is offered through the Center for Innovative Education.
No data or programming experience is required. It is recommended that applicants hold a Bachelor’s Degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, finance, statistics, or a related field.
The cost of the program is $12,245*. Scholarships and payment plans are available for those who qualify.
*Tuition is subject to change
Our alumni say yes. Whether you are looking to break into the data science and analytics industry, advance your tech career, or expand your skill set, the Rutgers Data Science Bootcamp curriculum, student support team, and career services are designed to help set you up for success. Over the course of 24 weeks, you’ll learn a new skill set, build a portfolio, expand your professional network, and put yourself in a position to be employer competitive.
While we do not secure direct employment for our students, you will benefit from professional development services. Your dedicated Career Director and Career Material Advisor will help prepare you to be a competitive job candidate through a series of career readiness milestones throughout the bootcamp.
Although we provide the training and resources for our students to be successful upon graduation, building a career is hard work and can only be done by you.
No prior experience is required to enroll in the bootcamp. Our students have diverse educational and professional backgrounds. It is recommended that applicants hold a bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, finance, statistics, or a related field.
How to Apply to the Data Science Bootcamp
1. Submit Form. Fill out the contact form and select the program you’re interested in to request more information.
2. Interview and Application. A member of the admissions team will connect with you to discuss program details and answer any questions you may have. Then, you will fill out a short application.
3. Assessment. Complete a basic multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. No prior industry knowledge is required.
4. Enrollment. Once you are accepted into the data science bootcamp, you will determine which financial option is right for you. Secure your seat by signing your enrollment agreement and paying your deposit.
Data Science Bootcamp Schedule
Part-Time – 24 Weeks
- Designed to work around your schedule with evening and weekend classes
- Mondays/Wednesdays -or- Tuesdays/Thursdays | 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Saturdays | 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
If you’re ready to learn more about Rutgers Data Science Bootcamp, contact an admissions advisor at (732) 361-4853.